Friday, May 17, 2013

Unpretty.

I wonder what made me ever start wanting to wear make-up. When did I become someone who couldn't leave the house with at least eyeliner on? A lot of things have hit me pretty hard lately and one of the realizations is, why do I constantly need to wear make up? I don't think I'm ugly.

So what is it? I haven't quite figured it out. But the past few days I've managed go out of he house with not an inch of make up on. It didn't feel any different, except that maybe I can rub my eyes when they're itchy and not worry about smudging anything.

So maybe life is a little easier. I suppose some occasions will call for some dolling up, more than when I head to college or work. Plus it cuts down the time it takes me to get ready.

The way I see it now is that it doesn't bother me, not wearing make up. And if it doesn't bother me, then anyone who is bothered by it just doesn't have to look at me. Nobody has the right to make me feel unpretty.

No comments: