Monday, August 19, 2013

When I am a parent...

When I am a parent, I will never say nasty things to my children to intentionally hurt them.
When I am a parent, I will not hold a grudge against my children, because I am supposed to love them unconditionally.
When I am a parent, I will place focus on my children's lives so that I know when they are going through difficult times and I will be there for them.
When I am a parent, I will not blackmail my children into doing things that I want them to do.
When I am a parent, I will not hate my children, nor will I give them a reason to hate me.
When I am a parent, I will put my children's needs before my own.
When I am a parent, I will not be selfish to a point that it hurts my children.
When I am a parent, I will be open and understanding of my children so that we have a good foundation for a relationship and they will not feel the need to hide things from me.
When I am a parent, I will help my children with their decisions and choices, rather than judge them and make them feel bad about themselves.
When I am a parent, I will never let someone else raise their voice or a hand to my child without FAIR and JUSTIFIABLE reasoning.
When I am a parent, I will never make my children feel like they are not important.
When I am a parent, I will not continually remind my children how much I do for them because my children will love me and one day they will remember it.
When I am a parent, I will give my children more than I give myself.
When I am a parent, I will ensure that my children have a stable, loving and supportive home environment.
When I am a parent, I will not put my children through anything they do not have to experience.
When I am a parent, I will do everything I can to provide for my children.
When I am a parent, I will be fair.
When I am a parent, I will help build my children's self-esteem and self-confidence and I will not bring them down.
When I am a parent, I will accept my children as they are and not constantly try to change them.
When I am a parent, I will not make the mistakes my parents made with me.
When I am a parent, I will be a better person and parent than they were.

No comments: