Monday, July 20, 2015

2015. What?

It's the middle of 2015. How has time gone by so fast?
My last post was in the beginning of 2013. And so much has happened since then. It'll probably take a while to fill you in. But I suppose I'm back here because writing used to be my release. In an age of instagram, facebook, twitter (though facebook and twitter have been there for awhile), snapchat, etc, it's easy to update people on what's going on in our lives. Mostly with pictures. But every so often, with the way I've been feeling in the past 6 months, I think pictures just don't say enough. I need my words, I need to put them down somewhere. To be honest, I'm too lazy to keep a diary. I mean, a blog is akin to a diary except that it's public and that it's faster/easier to type and edit, but even then I don't blog as continually as I would like.

But as always, I promise I'll try. I know I could always start a new blog but I couldn't bear the thought of abandoning all the posts I've ever made on this blog. It represents the evolution of me. From the stupid things I'd write about to complain and bitch about people (with overly excitable fonts and colours) to actually putting my thoughts and feelings down. From writing about every single thing point blank, to learning to be a bit more discreet about details. From being an overly sensitive and filled with anger person, to maturing a little bit to become more carefree and thoughtful. I'm growing up in many ways, even if I'm the only one who can see it.

So I promise to try to blog properly now... even if nobody is reading them. I always used to blog for me anyway, not anyone else.

No comments: