Thursday, January 31, 2013

Brooke Davis: One of my favourite TV characters ever.

I could watch One Tree Hill over and over again, if not for the drama and incredible twists, but for the character of Brooke Davis. Why? Because she's a bitch and she knows it, but at the same time that's just a front for a person who is wounded so easily. Sound familiar? That's because a lot of girls can relate to her a lot more than the goodie-goodie Haley or the dark and creative Peyton.

I wanted you to fight for me. I wanted you to say there was no one else you could ever be with and that you would rather be alone then without me. I wanted the Lucas Scott from the beach that night telling the world that he's the one for me.

I'm not the most eloquent speaker so I borrowed a few words from Shakespeare. 'Love is not one which alters when it alteration finds.' When life gets hard, when things change, true love remains the same. I look at Nathan and Haley and somehow I feel safer. I don't know if I can explain that, but they give me hope. And, I'm afraid to say it out loud because maybe if life finds out it'll try to beat it out of them and that would be a shame. Because, we can all use a little hope sometimes, you know. That feeling that every thing's going to be okay and that there's going to be someone there to help make sure of that. So, here's to Nathan and Haley, and here's to hope, and here's to a love that will not alter.

Why does everybody lie? You know the bad guys lie to get in your bed... and the good guys lie to get in your heart.

So your probably looking at this and making fun of my outfit, right? Anyway here's all you really need to know about today; if... you're fat, dumb, sexual and a guy, thats ok. If you're a girl, not so much. Please tell me thats changed in the future. And somebody please tell me you've got love figured out, because I've got news for you; its pretty darn messy right now. But I guess it has always been that way. Wanting to be loved, to find somebody that makes your heart ache in a good way...feel understood. So... if you're robots, or aliens, or something and your watching this right now and that feeling no longer exists; well, ...you missed it...and I feel sorry for you. Cause as far as I can tell, thats what its all about. And that's what I know it should be about.

Here's a takehome box since your screwing my leftovers.    

Here's my philosophy on dating. Its important to have somebody that can make you laugh, somebody you can trust, somebody that, y'know turns you on...And its really, really important that these three people don't know each other.

Sometime's people play hard to get to make sure that the other person's feelings are real.
But I guess its always been that way-- wanting to be loved... to find someone that makes your heart ache in a good way.

You don't get to have me, not my body and sure as hell not my heart, we're done.

At the end of the day, you are who you are, and its probably who you've always been.

People always leave...but sometimes...they come back.

First your going to let go. Now we're going to sit, and you are going to cry on my shoulder for as long as you need too.

You're not sorry. But you should be. Do you know what my mother said to me when I said I wanted to start a company? She said your chances are one in a million. And I said maybe I'm that one, and she said you're not. And she was wrong. And whatever she thought she saw in me, was wrong. Because I am one in a million. And there is a child out there who has something so special inside of them but who's life is so miserable because they think that nobody wants them. And I could be a great mother to that child, no matter their age or race or sex. I could help them find what makes them special. And if you can't see that then you're wrong, just like my mother, so why don't you go ahead and write that down?


Damn it. Now I want to watch One Tree Hill all over again.

No comments: